Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Welcome Trip out & Stash-Busting

Yes, this girl had a very welcome and nice time out yesterday. It was so needed. Sometimes we just got to re tank, don't you think?


My friend Karna invited me out to lunch to a little town called Hardy, in northern Arkansas. This little jem of a town is filled with many crafts people and also other little shops.

This is my friend Karna


First we went to this little restaurant called "Words / Afterwords"


I would have probably not found this nice little Restaurant on my own.
It was kind of on a back road and I never saw it on previous visits.


I was told at time they have Live music here


Nice Artists were featured here.
These paintings are for sale


Look at this beautiful coffee/tea bar


There was also an added porch with this wonderful stone fire place.
Wouldn't you love to eat there on a cold day?


Some kids from the local school painted these table.
I see some future artist.

As we were sitting there, to our surprise we ran into some more of our crafty friends,
Penny and Melissa. You can find Penny's blog here



All in all it was a very enjoyable lunch. Really hope we can do it again sometime
soon. I felt much more relaxed afterwards.

Before we went back home, Karna and I visited a few more of the little stores around 
town. The last one was "Hardy Pottery", which is one of my favorites.


After lunch it was back to work.


Now on to my Stash-Busting. Yes, I have decided, a little late I admit, to participate in the Stash-Busting Challenge:



As you will see momentarily, it is a very much needed event in my crafts room. Sometimes you don't even realize how much yarn one girl can stash. To top that of, I have a fabric stash and also a painting stash that need to be worked on.



This is just some of my yarn stash. Holly Molly! There are a lot of future projects in there, wouldn't you say.


This is the first drawer I will be working on: The Cotton Yarn. I have already started and will share my first finished project with you tomorrow.

Wow, that was a long post, huh? Would like to wish you all a nice and relaxing weekend now. Hope to catch you on the flip side.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a good time was had by all... Glad you recharged the batteries.. One needs to do that once in a while... hugs and can't wait to see your stash busting project... Mausie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a perfect break to the day. I love the little restaurant and the way they have let the children decorate the tables. Really homely. Take care. Chel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so nice to see you on Friday, Erika. We really enjoyed having lunch with you and Karna. I hope we can do this more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...