Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cucumber & Potatoe Soup from Germany

Today I thought I would share a little German Recipe with you all. At the moment many of you have fresh Cucumbers and Potatoes in your gardens and might want to try something a little different. Enjoy!!

Ingredients:

1 medium cucumber
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups cold water
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1 green onion, grated
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill

Cooking Directions:

Peel the cucumber and slice it lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon and discard. Dice cucumber. In a heavy 2 1/2-quart saucepan boil potatoes in salted water until the potatoes are very soft. Pour potatoes and cooking liquid into a sieve or food mill set over a large bowl. Force potatoes through. Return to the saucepan. Stir in pepper, cream, milk, grated onion and the cucumber. Simmer gently about 5 minutes or until the cucumber is tender. Add dill and season to taste. Serve hot.

Sorry I have no picture available to go along.

See you all back tomorrow.......I hope.


7 comments:

  1. Looks like a tasty recipe
    Erika. There are always plenty of potatoes and cucumber around. Thanks very much....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe. Interesting with new "menues".
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erika!
    Thanks for entering my link party :)

    Really nice collection of craftivism picture you have found. I LOVE the phone booth :))

    Have a nice day!
    MiA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm... that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing that recipe. I think I'll give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at "Dill" I love that stuff. I never had that soup. My Oma cooked Viennese/German quisine. We lived in Bavaria and I know there's different style of Germany cooking depending on where in Germany you live, but this sounds delish, a great summer soup! Thanks for sharing. I hope you are doing well today, Erika. Hugs to your doggies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy I love potato soup....will have to try it. sounds good.. I made a lovely Obstboden yesterday covered with pineapple. peaches and sweet cherries... something different than plain strawberries and tastes good.... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. dear erika, thanks for popping in my blog... i love soup, so i am going to try your soup, thanks for sharing. hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my Blog and leaving a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...